Saturday, September 6, 2008

Speaking to Area Football Teams for Pre-Game...

Brett Davis, my high school associate, and I spent the afternoon with the Morton Ranch Football Team yesterday. I got to speak to the team for their pre-game motivational time. Last Friday, Brian Mills, Brett and I spent the afternoon with the Katy Football Team where I also had the opportunity to speak to their team. More and more lately our Friday afternoons are filled with "team-time" appointments. It is a lot of fun to be able to talk to high school players about attacking not only the field but their life with principles from the Bible.


Friday I talked about Benaiah from 2 Samuel 23:20-23 yesterday. Benaiah is not a well known character from the Bible since he is only mentioned a hand full of times in the the Old Testament (8:18 20:23 1Ki 1:8,26,38 2:29-35,46 1Ch 18:17 27:5,6) and the only significant mention as a great warrior is 2 Samuel 23:20-23.

It is encouraging for me to be able to use all of the football experience that I have had in my life to influence these high school students. Its really exciting to see some of them begin to make life changing decisions for Christ. I have seen a few student athletes really step out and use the influence that God has given them through their athletic ability to impact their teams for Christ.

Please pray that God will continue to give us opportunities to speak to football teams and school groups throughout the Katy area.

No comments: