Wednesday, June 24, 2009

iPhone 3GS

Do you buy into the hype? I can't lie, I love just about everything that Apple does these days. I am an iPhone user and have been thouroughly satisfied with my 3G. I blogged about getting my first ever iPhone and leaving my Blackberry in the dust (I still love Blackberry) once the iPhone became compatible with Microsoft Exchange and Outlook. Before those upgrades I felt that the iPhone lacked the compatibility I wanted in a device used mostly to meet the demands of my job.
l
Even still there were little things that made me miss my trusty old Blackberry like "copy-and-paste" capability. It drove me absolutely mad when someone would text me asking me for a couple of cell phone numbers and I couldn't just copy them and paste them in a text message! Well gone are those days with the 3.0 Software Upgrade released last week. Not only are there a sleugh of new features and capabilities but Apple actually took into consideration the faults any business minded person may have found and tried to meet those demands!
l
Now to the real question...do you buy into the new iPhone 3GS? I have to admit, I'm dying to experience the "twice as fast", which is hard to believe since I don't find the iPhone slow in 3G! I can't wait to try out the upgraded camera and the new video recording and editing tools. I know it's not some totally different new phone and it sort of feels like they have just released more of the capability of the last iPhone edition...but I cannot lie I'm intrigued.
l
Who says that Apple hasn't earned the right to make moves like this one anyway? I mean the world is obviously "bought-in". Apple sold over 1 million new iPhone 3GS's in the first 3 days of availability. That's somewhat comprable to what the 3G did except the 3G was released in 21 countries and the 3GS in only 8 countries!!! Apple has created a marvel to behold in the iPhone and iPod series and I cannot wait to see what will be next.
l
Are you an Apple fan?

2 comments:

Scott Williams said...

It's kinda sad how good apple is... I used to be an iPhone hater/blackberry fan and now Icouldn't live w/out it!

Jeremiah Ramer said...

I know exactly how you feel...it took me forever to give in, but now that I have, I don't think I will ever want to go back!