Wednesday, January 7, 2009

iPhone3G: Hello to...

Fine! I give up...for the past year my wonderful wife Tessa has been telling me to do what I've been talking about doing..."Go get the iPhone!" Christmas 07 she got the original iPhone and I stuck to my Blackberry Curve 8310. I did though, land a sweet iTouch. Secretly I would play with it at night while my wife slept. Sometimes I would even undock it in my car and hold it up to my ear just so other drivers would think I was actually using the iPhone. I almost even tried that in starbucks but I didn't want to get caught posing.

My excuse for rejecting the iPhone was the inability of the original email software to support Microsoft Exchange server which is what I needed for my work email service. Then Apple released an updated iPhone software which allowed compatibility with the Microsoft Exchange server...but I still had the excuse of the iPhone not really being that much quicker in the browser than my 8310...

Then, along came the iPhone3G eliminating my excuses all the more. With its increased browsability speed over the 3G network its allure became almost undeniable. Yet still, I held to my Curve 8310 supposing it be a "far superior work phone." I mean after all, you can cut and paste on the Curve...how about that iPhone?

Who was I kidding besides myself? The iPhone kills my Blackberry Curve in just about every way possible. It browses incredibly faster, it is Wi-fi accessible, I download lots of free but valuable apps right from my iPhone, 8 gigs hold more music than anyone could ever listen to in a lifetime, I can stream video, manage contacts, manage my whole financial portfolio, open pdf and jpg files, compile 3 different calendars into one incredibly efficient reminder capable Calendar, all while jamming to 8 gigs of more music than anyone could ever listen to in a lifetime!!!

It's not about what iPhone3G cannot do, its about what it can do that most phones can only dream about. Also keep in mind that Apple is probably the most innovative company that we may have ever seen. If there is one or two nit-picky things that you don't like, wait a month, you can bet they will fix that as well!!!

So here's goodbye to my faithful old Blackberry Curve and hello to the sexy multi-media savvy, fully business capable, coolest phone on earth...iPhone3G.

What will they come up with next???

No comments: