Thursday, September 18, 2008

Living like somebody whose been healed...

It seems like anymore it is just crazy to hear somebody talk about how God has brought them from despair, or healed them in one way or another. I mean people who really do realize what God has done for them have such an advantage, they often live like today is their last day left.

As I was reading this morning in Luke 17 about the 10 Lepers that Jesus healed I was reminded of how important it is to remember how much God has done for me. The reality is that those lepers suffered from a very nasty difficult physical ailment over which they had no control. I mean none of them brought their sickness upon themselves but yet they were forced to deal with their sickness every moment of every day.

When Jesus healed all 10 of the lepers while they were on their way to show themselves to the priests only one of them came back to fall at Jesus' feet.

'One of them, when he saw he was healed, came back, praising God in a loud voice. He threw himself at Jesus’ feet and thanked him—and he was a Samaritan. Jesus asked, “Were not all ten cleansed? Where are the other nine? Was no one found to return and give praise to God except this foreigner?” Then he said to him, “Rise and go; your faith has made you well.”'

How sad was it that only 10% of those who were begging Jesus to have mercy on them because of their sickness were willing to come back to him and worship him?

Honestly, as I read this story, I got very convicted about the fact that I can live my life for days, weeks, and even months without falling at his feet to praise him and thank him for what he has done for me. Sadly, I often live like the 90% in the story. Crying out for help and mercy when I realize that I'm sick and in need of a major healing but then failing to continually live a life of gratefulness.

I'm so humbled by what God has done for me, I realize right now that I don't really deserve all of his grace and mercy. I pray that my life will be like that of the "1 healed leper"...one of worship and praise to our God for all that he has done!

No comments: