Friday, September 12, 2008

Ike is bearing down...

Here comes Hurricane Ike! It is quickly descending as I am typing. Prayers go out to all of those who are waiting out the storm. Not in a way that would offend those who may be in danger or who have been hit with significant loss because of the Ike...I can't lie I am intrigued by the magnitude of this storm.

I have never been through anything like this and it is exhilarating on some level. Again, I am in a safe spot where I'm protected from the storm and from flooding, and I don't take this storm lightly for those who are in harms way. I'm chilling in Michael Head's house with Shannon Self, and Kate McCay. Earlier we all had dinner with Brian Mills and Keith Carmichael at what must have been the only open place in town, Orient Cafe. Now we are just watching the Kansas vs USF game and watching the weather-tracking news.
We are wondering when we will lose power here at Michael's house. I will try to post again in the morning if we have power then. Keep praying that the storm won't bring casualties and that not too much damage will come out of this!

No comments: